that Moves Things Forward
Sometimes a team needs external, expert help to work through an important topic or issue, for example:
- Solving a particular problem or challenge,
- Generating ideas,
- Forming a strategy or plan,
- Making an important decision, or
- Making sense of a large and/or varied amount of information.
Although the topics may vary, a facilitated session will often have the same elements. We use a tried and tested set of skills and tools to help clients:
- Make sense of an issue or topic,
- Clarify the goals and desired outcomes,
- Explore perspectives,
- Generate alternatives,
- Engage in healthy and constructive discussion,
- Manage disagreements / tensions,
- Agree criteria for decision making / selection,
- Make the required decisions, and
- Form and agree a plan of action.
By using our experienced facilitators, you and your team are “freed up” to participate fully in the discussion, rather than having to chair the meeting, or manage / maintain the focus, boundaries, behaviours or pace of the meeting.